Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What Was I Thinking?!?!?

I am a member of a quilt guild..yes, I quilt. I am even an officer on the board of directors. I haven't been quilting too long and I really don't sew on a regular basis. I enjoying doing it but I always seem to have other irons in the fire :) In July our guild had a block challenge and I decided to participate..this is were the title of this entry comes into play "what was I thinking" Well, what I was thinking was I would be an active and productive member of the guild. Totally overrated.....The challenge was that everyone had to use the same piece of fabric in their block. They could use it for any number of the pattern. I decided to use it as the center star. I have NEVER done a block this difficult and even though it is NOT perfect I am REALLY proud of it. If fact I LOVE the way it turned out.

This is the challenge fabric that each guild member participating received. I wasn't a huge fan of it but, I really like the way it turned out in the finished block.

Here are the fat quarters I selected to go with the challenge fabric. I decided to go with the maximum number of fabric choices.

ALL my pieces piled up and numbers. I had to number and letter them...or I would have been lost :)

The finished product. I thought it turned out pretty good!! What do you think??






8 comments:

Amber said...

I think it looks great. You are one talented lady :)

Erin said...

Ohh, I do like it. How in the world do you have time for that????

Kim said...

Wow I'm impressed that looks very difficult! Good job!

Kelly Bumgardner said...

I saw the great quilt you made for Jessica. It seems like the few quilts I've gotten as gifts haven't really been my style so I never get them out. I may have to see about picking out some fun fabrics and having you help me put something together I could use regularly. You definetely have a special talent. I wish I could sew better.

Christie's Endless Craze said...

Very impressive! It looks awesome. Good job Audra.

laura mcpherson said...

HOLY COW...That is beautiful! I am totally amazed, especially since I can't sew a lick :) I love the colors.

Theresa said...

It looks great!

Janae said...

It looks great! You are so talented-what a great gift you have! Thanks for the bday wishes yesterday-you are so sweet.