Thursday, September 24, 2009

Baby Update

So, I had a Dr. appointment on Tuesday. Everything looked and sounded great. I got to hear the heartbeat. It was pretty much going the same tempo as Lydia's always was...so, maybe another girl. We of course don't have a preference--just a healthy and happy baby.

My doctor and I decided on another c-section. It would not be "medically smart" for me to try and have a baby vaginally. You see Lydia never dropped and about a week before my due date my doctor gave me the option of having a c-section. She was pretty sure we were having a 9 lb. baby and either the baby was too big or the cord was wrapped around his or her neck. So, after much debate we decided on the section. AND boy was that the right decision. She told me after the surgery that there was no way I was having that baby. She thought that a 7 lb baby would be my max. AND we are NOT having a 7 lb baby. Lydia was 9.2 lb--pretty chunky :) I told her she could pick the date...we will have our new addition sometime during the week of March 22, 2010.

My next appointment is on October 19 and then we will schedule a sonogram. Many of you have asked if we will find out the gender and NO we don't find out early. We love the surprise. Most people think we are nuts...and hey we probably are...but, that is how we like to do things.

4 comments:

Christie's Endless Craze said...

Don't worry I don't think you are nuts just because you don't find out the gender :) tee hee! Love you!

Brandy Cuevas said...

Glad to hear everything is going well in your pregnancy! I don't think I could wait to find out if its a boy or girl!!! I am so impatient :-)

Bethany said...

Glad to hear that everything is going well! How are YOU feeling?

So, I used to NEVER in a million years think I could NOT find out what I was having!! But if we do end up having a third, I am going to be surprised! {Chris was surprised with Gentry, but I found out!!} One boy, one girl...I could surely wait until it was born, don't ya think?!

Theresa said...

Sounds like things are going well! Our little man will be joining us via csection just about a month before your new addition arrives. Very cool that you wait to find out the gender! I thought about it this time, but we've had so many sonos, there is no way I'd have that kind of will power!