Sunday, April 11, 2010

Meet Caroline Reid

Baby Caroline (as her sister likes to call her) will be three weeks old tomorrow.  The weeks have really flown by!  Things started off a little rocky to say the least.  Lydia and Kane have both been sick and I have had two infections.  AND having two kids is HARD...I hope we are on the upswing here.  I think Caroline might be a little colicy so we are going to see a Doc about her tomorrow.  Of course she could just be a typical baby.  Lydia really spoiled us and I think it is pay back time.  Once she gets to sleep she is a good sleeper and I really can't complain about the amount of sleep I am getting...but, it is so different having another child to entertain :)   Thankfully, I have a great family and wonderful friends that have kept Lydia a lot in the last couple of weeks! 

BUT, no matter how rocky it has been...I am so thankful to have two healthy children.  I am so blessed!

We haven't downloaded the pictures from the O.R and recovery.  So, hopefully I can post them soon. 

Me and my sweet Caroline
Lydia meeting her little sister for the first time.  It was priceless :)
Relaxing in the bouncer
Mommy and her girls
Really love this pic...so peaceful
It took until Saturday until Lydia really wanted to hold her and as you can tell she was pretty excited. 
CUTE
Two things SURPRISED everyone...her size and that hair!  The moment I saw her...I looked at Kane and said "she is NO way as big as Lydia."  Lydia was big and thick...Caroline has very tiny features.  She weighed in at 8 lbs. 2 ozs.  Which is super tiny in our eyes.  I think the hospital staff thought we were crazy.  They kept telling us.."that is NOT a small baby."  Lydia was 9 lbs. 2 ozs. and everyone thought "this baby would be at least high 9's or maybe a 10 pounder.  The next big surprise was her hair.  Lydia didn't have this much hair until she was at least a year old. 

I think Lydia really likes her sister.  She tells us daily.  "I like her" she also loves giving her kisses and hugs.  When she hears Caroline cry..she says "she not happy."

 I hope they will grow up being super close.  I know they will have some rough patches...ahh things to look forward to :)

5 comments:

Grandma Peggy said...

She is a DOLL :-) So, so precious! I've been worried about you since you didn't blog. Glad things are getting better now!! Don't overdo it!! I am sure Connie is on cloud nine with another little one to hold!!

Amber said...

Precious! Wish I was closer to help out with LG. Hope things are getting better.

Erin said...

You are right, having 2 is HARD. There isn't really anything to prepare you for that, but it will get easier. I remember telling Lynn when we went shopping for the first time after Evan that I was never going to be able to do it by myself, but you'll figure it out. Thank goodness you both have families that are close and lots of friends. :)

Jessica B said...

Your girls are adorable. You are definitely blessed. Congratulations!

The Mahoney's said...

Thanks for updating!!! I LOVED hearing about Caroline. She is so beautiful!