Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Enjoying The Weather

Last week we decided to take advantage of the unseasonable nice weather by heading to Island Park. We hadn't been to play on the equipment since Uncle Kye was here--if you remember that trip was too hot and I told Lydia I hoped she had a good time since we probably wouldn't be back until October. Looks like I was wrong. The weather here has been very nice. Anyone that truly knows me knows that I HATE hot weather. I know hate is a strong word...but, I mean it! In fact summer is my least favorite time of the year. I would rather be knee deep in snow :) OK, enough about that.

Lydia is an outside girl. She loves to play and run around. The park was pretty busy..I guess everyone else had the same idea. We spent about an hour running, swinging and of course trying to do everything all the other kids were doing.

Making her way across the bridge

We spotted her name on a picket--I couldn't get her to pose by it--she was too busy for that

Spending some time on the swing :)...well, I just deleted that picture.

Moving the Gears..She thought this was pretty neat!
This nice weather seems to be here to stay for awhile. I am SO not complaining :) Thursday night we might head down to the Fair.....the high for the day 78!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I am SOOOO right there with you and hating the heat. Seems odd that I live in Arizona, hunh? It is insanely miserable here and to be honest, I am down right grumpy!!

Glad you guys are enjoying the break in temperatures!! When we were back a few weeks ago we hit up the new playground and the kids loved it!!

laura mcpherson said...

We're lovin' this non-July weather too!! I was totally cracking up at your "well, I just deleted that picture"...I know the feeling :)

Great park pictures. We'll have to take all the kiddos together this Fall. Maybe we'll see you at the fair Thursday.