Monday, August 3, 2009

The Good Old CCF

Who doesn't love a good old county fair? We headed down to the fair grounds two nights, which is strange for us, but we just couldn't pass up the great weather. AND just to let you know...the heat returned today!

I have wonderful memories of going to the fair as a child. I loved looking at all the animals, riding the rides and the food :) I can remember how important I used to think the fair was for socialization. When I was in middle/high school the fair was a BIG deal. I had to go every night and had each nights outfit picked out! I also, couldn't leave without having a caramel apple--love them! What a difference 10 + years makes?!?!?!

I will say since having Lydia going to the fair is more work but totally worth it. I loved watching her look and touch the animals, ride the carousel for the first time and eat a funnel cake. What great memories and I'm sure she will be just as excited next year.

We were fortunate to have some friends with livestock on exhibit so Lydia was able to get up close and personal with "Jamocha" the goat and "Sliver Bells" the cow. Thanks Johnson's!!


Lydia loving the goose..this is what she does when she is really excited :)

Going around on the carousel for the first time at the CCF

Checking out the funnel cake
Lydia deciding the cake was pretty good
See you next year...Thanks for the memories :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

We are lucky to have such a great county fair to take our little munchkins too!! I have wonderful memories from the fair too...first "date" with Justin :)

Great pictures! You picked the right days to go, we were HOT tonight, but it was worth it! You, Megan, Kelsey and me might be doing a little spying at the CCF in about 15 years when all the kids are cruising the main drag down there!!

Christie's Endless Craze said...

Those pictures are so sweet! I love the one with her and the geese, I can totally hear her laughing :) I am really jealous of the funnel cake, looks so good.