Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fall Harvest

A couple of weeks ago Kane's parents were VERY busy cutting beans. Kane missed out helping do to his work schedule at the refinery. So, one sunny afternoon Lydia and I loaded up lunch and headed down to one of the fields. After we ate Lydia was invited to take her very first ride in the combine. I of course rode with her. There is a perfect little set for a passenger. If you remember from a past post, Lydia LOVED riding in the tractor while we were planting in the spring. However, the combine was a totally different story. She pretty much cried for the first two minutes. And when your only going 3.8 miles per hour I knew I had to find a way to cheer her up or it was going to be a long circle back to our car. I quickly started asking her about Frost (Grandma and Papa's dog) and that seemed to do the trick. She was sure ready to "get out" when we circled back around. We still have sunflowers to cut so maybe we will try again with daddy.
Papa, Lydia and me getting ready to take off!
I think we are trying to get out...I had a hard time getting the door open.
This is my favorite part..I love watching it!
Lots of beans..Lydia did think that was pretty cool :)

1 comment:

laura mcpherson said...

Oh what fun!! I'm sure Lydia will have plenty more chances to ride in the combine. Before you know it she'll be crying because she doesn't want to get out :)