Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Eve

For as long as I can remember my mother's family would come to our house for Christmas Eve. We would have chili, beef stew and plenty of other things to snack on. When my parents sold there house (my childhood home) and moved into a very small house we started celebrating Christmas at our house. My mom always brings the stew and I make the chili.

This year we had a very small crowd. Getting to our house was difficult due to the snow drifts. In fact our drive way was four wheel drive only. My dear husband even had to play shuttle driver. I was sad that my grandma wasn't able to make it but, know it was defiantly for the best. I wouldn't have wanted her to fall and hurt herself.

Lydia is the only little one so after we ate she settled into her role of opening gifts. When she turned two in November she really mastered the skills of unwrapping gifts.

The Christmas tree right before the madness started!
A set of my little ponies..I hope she doesn't want a real one!
A gift from Aunt Gretchen
Say cheese :)
For Christmas this year Kane and I got a new camera. I absolutely love it. It came about a week before the big holiday and unfortunately I really didn't get a chance to "learn all about it." After all the pictures were taken Kane downloaded them...and these were his words. Well, one of us need to learn how to focus...not mentioning any names. So, unfortunately most of the family pics I took were real blurry.
I hope to post about Christmas Day later this evening!! We had a blessed Christmas Eve and are very thankful for great family.

No comments: