Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Family Christmas Tree

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at our house! I just love decorating for Christmas. It makes our home feel some warm and cozy. This year we took Uncle Kye to the airport on the Friday after Thanksgiving and of course couldn't pass up the opportunity to purchase our tree.

We don't go to a farm and cut our own down...instead we head to a Lowe's store and find a special one there. I had never had a real tree until we got married. Now I can't imagine having Christmas without one. I love the look and smell. You could say I am kinda picky. I usually takes us a good 30 minutes to find that special one. However, this year we selected the first one Kane stood up---that NEVER happens.
Kane standing next to our Christmas tree 2009...and yes, we get a big one 8ft-9ft
Yes, that is me holding up a huge tree, a baby in my belly and a 30 lb little girl who doesn't look real sure about the whole thing!
Lydia helping getting things set up..she thought it was pretty cool!
AND then quickly lost interest :)
Giving the tree and much needed drink of water.
Two days later we got around to putting the lights and decorations on. I insisted on putting the light on while Lydia was napping. I put over 1000 lights on..so, it takes a little time and well, she would have been A LOT of help :)
Lydia loved everything about decorating the tree! She was a big up and her daddy couldn't keep up with her.
Lydia handing ornaments to her daddy to be put on the tree.
The finished result!
Our ornaments are so special to me. Most of them were made by my grandmother or have been passed down from Kane's grandma. We even have a few that were our childhood ornaments. Like an apple that has my name on it from 1984 or a baseball that Kane signed in 1991! I just LOVE it. I think Lydia really likes it too. Every time we come home she insists that we turn the tree lights on. Too cute!




4 comments:

Amber said...

Love it! How much did you have to pay Kane to let you take his picture in Lowes? Can't wait to get our tree up this weekend.

Christie's Endless Craze said...

So pretty! I love all the pictures. Is it just me, or do you get dizzy putting those lights on and going round and round... Gosh I think I need to lay down just thinking about it.

Kye Hittle said...

good work guys and happy bday, little bro!

laura mcpherson said...

PERFECT tree!!! Great job one the first pick, Kane! IF I had a real tree, I would be very picky about it too :) Looks beautiful.

I love having ours up too. I'm always so sad to take it down after Christmas...glad I've already been enjoying it all this week! B insists that I turn it "on, Mama, on" as soon as we get up in the morning!