Monday, January 25, 2010

BIG Monday

Last Monday night Kane and I headed to Manhattan to cheer on our Kansas State Wildcats in the "Big Monday" game against the #1 Texas Longhorns. I can honestly say that it was one of the most exciting sporting events I have ever been to. Bramlage was packed or should I say the Octagon of Dome. I don't think there was an empty seat in the house.

We got there a little early so we could grab a bite to eat with Christie and her friend Ken. We ate a great Mexican restaurant and made it to the game about 10 minutes before tip off. Kane was getting a little nervous. He likes to be ready for GAME TIME.
The student section during starting lines ups for the opposing team.
Bring on the Cats!
Getting ready to start the second half.
The game was a close one...AND it was real HOT in there. I had to go cool off with about 5 minutes left. I made it make to by seat with plenty of time left. I think the last 3 minutes took over 20. It was long.....BUT, so worth it. We came away with a Wildcat victory.

Of course Saturday we didn't play so hot and got beat by the Cowboys. We really need to work on being consistent (as Kane would say.) However, that still doesn't take away for the great time we had last Monday! Did I mention how much I love Manhattan---what a great town.
Hopefully the cats can pull it together for a victory tomorrow night--Every Man A Wildcat!

2 comments:

Christie's Endless Craze said...

You mean octogon of DOOOOOMMMMM!!! EMAW. Manhattan loves you too. You need to come visit more often.

Amber said...

I wish we could have been there. Here is hoping to a better game tonight than we had on Saturday.