Monday, January 11, 2010

The Results Are In

On Friday I got the results of my three hour glucose test. Everything came back normal. Needless to say I was very happy. I know that it is something that is not too serious but I just didn't want to deal with it. However, the test it's self was a pain. If this isn't our last baby...I hope to never have to do that again. Getting blood from me is difficult to put it lightly. Usually, our hometown Dr.'s office just sends me to the hospital after trying 6-9 times (not joking.) AND I never complain because it really doesn't bother me. I have gotten to the point were I usually just tell them which vein will work (right arm--left side.) AND that is the ONE that will work!

I usually don't have such a problem at my OB's office and since a phlebotomist is doing it, it usually just takes one or two tries. I didn't have a single problem during my one hour test. However, things were very different on Wednesday. After four tries she sent down the street where the office sends all there samples. It also happens to be a drug screening facility so, I really meet some interesting folks.

I only and two small problems there, which to me was a success! I was so happy to leave that place and get some food...I was starving!

So, glad that everything is fine and our baby is doing great! What a blessing!!

3 comments:

Brandy Cuevas said...

Glad everything turned out okay and you don't have to do the three hour test!

FYI, I'm glad I'm not the one having to stick you a dozen times :-)

Jessica B said...

I'm glad your test came back ok. I have heard that the three hour test is not fun at all.

Theresa said...

That's great news!

I've had to be stuck multiples times before as well. It's no fun having both arms totally bruised up!