Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Little Trip

On Wednesday Kane, Lydia and I head South to Tulsa for a couple of days. Kane was taking a class for work and we thought we would tag along. I have been on several business trip with Kane, but I think this was the first for little miss. We didn't leave until 5.30 on Wednesday stopped on the way to eat then we headed south. When we got to the hotel..which we had a hard time finding because of all the road construction we were all beat. Lydia didn't go to sleep that night until 10.30 (which is WAY late for her) and woke at 6.30 (which is WAY early for her). She was one sleepy little girl. One of the main reasons we tagged along was so we could spend some time with Amber and her girls.

The girls had a wonderful time playing together! The first day we just hung out at their house and played, napped and watched TV. It was a great relaxing day. For dinner we meet the guys and then it was back to the hotel.

Lydia really LOVED "our room" as she called it. It was really cute. However, she didn't want to sleep in her pack in play so....with two double beds..guess who got to share one with her. You guessed it...the pregnant one. Let's just say by night number #2 I did something really mean!! She was stuck to me like a glove and boy was she HOT..and I so don't do HOT! I had really had it with her sooooo yes, I slightly rolled a little on her, and the next words out of her mouth were---"get in my bed"...gladly :)

Lydia and Hadley doing a little cleaning
Of course we had to make time to eat :)
The second day we headed to Little Gym where Hadley is taking a class. Lydia and I watched and checked out the babies in the waiting room. Then we went to Chilli's..where my daughter was in rare form. She really was traveled out :(
We left around four that night and stopped at LJS to eat where I told Lydia to eat her hush puppy and she picked it up, looked at me and said "eat my dog." She also picked up a little phase somewhere during the week...and it goes a little something like this "don't want to." I can see the great times ahead :) My sister asked me when this sassiness would end...I told her if we were lucky in 15 or 16 years!

This is were I spent a lot of the trip...just hanging out on the couch :)
Thanks for the great time! We can't wait to come back and visit!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Thanks for coming to visit. We had a great time!