Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe comes from my mother-in-law's great friend Margaret Neal. They are the BEST chocolate chip cookies ever!! I will guarantee you...you can't eat just one. This recipe is easy. I have changed it up a bit and think they are so yummy.....of course they are the BEST right out of the oven. I often joke about entering these in the CC Fair :) ENJOY!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 c. shortening (I just butter flavor)
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
4 eggs
1 T. vanilla

4 1/4 c. flour
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
1 (16 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips (I just a bigger bag of milk chocolate chips)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix shortening, sugars, eggs and vanilla thoroughly. Measure flour and blend dry ingredients. Stir into sugar mixture. Mix in chocolate pieces. Drop rounded teaspoonsful 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool slightly before removing from baking sheet.

1 comment:

Brandy Cuevas said...

These sound fabulous for Valentines Day!! A sweet treat for our sweeties :-)