Friday, February 5, 2010

I'm a BIG girl!

2010 has been full of HUGE changes at our house. Along with potty training we wanted to move Lydia to a big bed and move the nursery to our guest room. After our trip to Tulsa we decided to go ahead and "just do it". Lydia had been climbing out of her crib and nap time had been a disaster so my thoughts were could it get any worse?!?! I was thankful we didn't have to take the crib apart and just had to slide it across the hallway. It was kinda sad. It dawned on me that Lydia is not a baby anymore and we are moving on to a new chapter of our lives.
Lydia's nursery
Lots of memories of my precious little girl
Lydia is already making sure baby Emma has a spot to sleep. She often calls this bed Uncle Kye's. AND gosh, I really needed to dust that bookshelf...
Daddy putting together the bed rails.
This is Lydia's BIG girl room. I need to find or make a bed skirt then I think it will be complete! Lydia LOVES it!! AND yes, my two year old is sleeping in a queen size bed. When we got married we had two queen size beds and then we bought a king. I thought what the hay we might has well use what we have :)
I am happy with the way it turned out...and making the move has been a breeze. She has never gotten out on her own (I should probably knock on wood). My only complaint is that it seems to take her so much longer to fall asleep. Today after KDI was the first time that I would say we were on our regular schedule.

3 comments:

Amber said...

It looks great. Now Hadley can come over for a slumber party :) Glad she is getting back to going to bed faster.

Laura said...

The BIG girl room looks great :) I just LOVE that bedding! You need to paint some of those pink flowers around her name letters. Didn't you get the rug?

Theresa said...

I love her new bedding! I hope she continues doing well sleeping on her big girl bed!!

Just a note....Kelton is and always has been an awesome sleeper. After Katie was born, even at 4 yrs old, he started randomly waking at night and climbing in our bed with us. It only lasted a few weeks, but was strange. He did it again when we moved this summer.